Friday, April 14, 2006

Top Ten Hobby Supplies


My friend Mrs. Staggs at A Happy Miscellainy says it's List Day on Friday, and the list this Friday is your top ten hobby supplies. Can I come up with ten?

1. Trombone. Mine's from 1949. Same age as HHusband.
2. Mouthpiece. I would like to get a new one.
3. Squirt bottle. This was given to me. Thank you.
4. Distilled water. I have a well, and the water is full of minerals. Tastes good. Bad for slide.
5. Slide-O-Mix. Makes slide move easily when used in conjunction with squirt bottle.
6. Music stand.
7. Trombone stand.
8. Wright's silver polish. Recommended by Mrs. Staggs.
9. Gun cleaning rod to clean slide inside.
10. Polishing rags in several sizes. Mostly I use cut up old cotton t-shirts of HHusband's.

Should I have mentioned music? I guess that would move rags to off the list, and squirt bottle to 4th.

5 comments:

Lena said...

There is just way too much I don't know about making music and instruments....I didn't know water was involved! I'm not kidding, I learn things everytime I am with you Vita! Thanks for sharing your list.

Unknown said...

Is Friday really a list day? I had no idea...
I too am learning from Vita!

Vita said...

The distilled water goes into the squirt bottle and the water gets squirted on the slide which has previously been cleaned and treated with drops of slide-o-mix. Makes everything slip better.

Michael Smith said...

What about your pint holder for your stand?

Vita said...

If only I had one!