Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I Should be in the Shower



I had a little time before 8:45, when my Dad will call me, or I'll call him, and I wanted to be showered first, but I said to myself, "Oh, I'll just post this little blog thing and be on my way, it won't take any time." Could I have been wrong? Maybe so. My coffee gets cold between each sip, so time must be passing here while I'm not paying attention. I have a lot lot lot to do today, so while there are still a few minutes, I'm going to jump into that no-clawfoot tub, with the obnoxious shower doors (it is hard to wash large brass instruments with shower doors in the way), in the room where I need to strip wallpaper, and take a rushed but nice-smelling shower. I have a candle burning in there all ready for me. I would like to hear what the "You Knit What?" people would say about my current wallpaper. They are funny, if not particularly kind. I just like roses.

3 comments:

Lena said...

I like roses too! All most as much as I like you! Have a good day Vita!

brsmaryland said...

I like roses too! I have one bush in the backyard, originally from my great grandmothers yard. Pretty cool. If I had thought about it last fall, I would have started two shoots, one for each of you, and had a really nice 'happy to see you' gift. Next time :-) My aunt Marion has started many cuttings of this plant for her friends. She even wrote a short story about it...a rock for a rose. They give her a rock to weigh down the cane and she gives them the new plant, once it roots.

Vita said...

Wow! Your Aunt Marion sounds pretty clever, and organized. And it is brilliant that you have a rose bush that was originally from your great grandmother's yard. My grandmother was born in the later 1800's and her maiden name was Rose, but I don't remember any roses in her yard. She had lots of flowers, though.

At the gym they have large print books to read on the treadmill, and yesterday Carol said the story about Northern Lights was good, so I started it today. Carol was right. I think it's set in 1806, but could I be wrong? I went longer than I meant to on the treadmill.