Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dentist Wednesday Ramblings



There I am at the dentists, bright and early, and the first buisness question he has for me is do I want novicain? Do I? Well, yes, thank you for asking. I also got a blanket because it was hot in my house when I left, so I forgot to wear a sweater or coat or sweatshirt, and it was reasonably cool in his office. The topics of discussion other than dental had to do with horses, barns, stalls, rabbit manure, and flowers. Apparently his children give him stuffed animals to take to work with him so he won't get lonely or bored, then they give him care instructions for them. He said he had to separate them once because they were getting rowdy. Anyway, drinking coffee today is quite an adventure, because my face is numb up to my eyeballs. My new fillings feel nice, though. The old ones were wearing out and getting rough.

I'm expecting friends from across the country to come visiting in a month, and one of them makes great coffee. My darling HHusband likes his coffee a bit on the weak side, and he makes better coffee than I do, so I sometimes have to break down and go out with friends to coffee kiosks to get great coffee. Corvallis is lucky, because we have several places that sell coffee from Allann Bros. My favorite is the Creekside. I can't wait to go there again. Maybe Darling Her Highness Daughter and I will get to stop at a hole-in-the-wall coffee store that sells Allann Bros. Coffee between her lessons today. Wednesday is lesson day, and they're back-to-back.

HHusband has a couple things posted on Craig's List, and the last two days, I spent waiting for people to come buy stuff who said they would come at a certain time, but they ended up not showing up. There's another one today. Let's see if they show up. Waiting for people to not come is not my idea of fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a coffee theme : )

and my trombone is recalcetrant.

brsmaryland said...

Yes, it is rude when people are unreliable that way. Why can't they call and say 'never mind?' My HHusband - tho not sure what the first H is for ;-) - says you can always weaken strong coffee but you can't strengthen weak coffee.

Lena said...

My dear husband Mr. Staggs often chooses no novocaine...he hates it. I however have to be drugged just to walk in the door of the dentist office! I liked hearing about the stuffed animals...what an interesting fellow, your dentist...and your husband is oh so handsome!