Saturday, April 22, 2006

Broke a Rose, Hit a Tree



Well, this isn't exactly how it looked. I was able to drive home, after all. I took Darling Daughter to a string quartet rehearsal way out in the hills above Philomath, put the car in neutral and got out to try to shove it back up the hill, because it doesn't reverse up grades, when gravity laughed at me and told me I'd better get out of the way or get run over. The car knocked over a rose bush and several daffodils on the way down to the tree. AAA pulled me out. HHusband thinks maybe he shouldn't have let me loose so long with a faulty transmission. I didn't recognize the hill as a hill. Do you know how sometimes those things can be decieving? He says we'll have to have it repaired, and maybe get the transmission fixed, too. Hello Freebird. I give you way more buisness than I'd like. Twice, with two different cars, someone or another of us backed out of the garage with a right side door open, hitting a post and causing a crunch. Then there were other times, but lets not go over those. I did that get-out-and-push thing once before with a Karman Ghia. It hit a telephone pole. I think it was l978. Guess my old brain forgot a lesson only half-learned. I hope it's all-learned now.

On another matter, HHusband says he has too many motorcycle jackets. Why shouldn't he? He has about 11 motorcycles. He just told me about one he sold many many years ago that had a twin sold for $60,000 in Florida. A Speed Twin, that is. That's nothing, compared to the Astin Martin we didn't buy for $11000 because we didn't have garage room, and it sold a few months later at auction for over $100,000. We got out of doing old cars, and now just do motorcycles. I don't think he even has ten motorcycle jackets, so I don't guess he has too many, do you? He can't pass up a deal on E-Bay, and there are so many different attributes the different jackets have.

3 comments:

Lena said...

Jeepers Vita! I'm glad that you are ok...!

brsmaryland said...

Your tried to push a car? Wow - you are strong, to even think you could. I am such a weakling especially with my arms. Glad you did not get hurt or run over! Yes, your HHusband should make sure you are driving a fully operational car.
Collecting motorcylce jackets...that is an intersting offshoot to the interest in motorcylces. I like it.

Unknown said...

I would think if any HHusband would be able to make a car go in reverse, it would be your HHusband. Sheeesh, Vita... don't go around pushing cars uphill! I saw the damage this evening and my heart sank and went to you (ewe.)Dang, and it was so clean too...

Well, not another poop out of me. Hey... peep.

Was that the flute player?

~ch