Thursday, April 06, 2006

Corvallis Orchestra Concert


Tonight the Camerata String Orchestra gave a concert at the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library in the Corvallis Main Meeting Room at the invitation of Friends of the Library in celebration of National Library Week. I felt so lucky to get to hear them play in that small room. I could hear all the soloists, and the balance seemed perfect. I imagined myself as a guest at the large country estate of someone living in the late 1800's, with French doors leading onto a lawn and gardens just behind the orchestra. The music was that euphonious. Afterwards everyone, musicians and audience alike, was excited and happy at having either performed so well, or been privy to such a fine performance. Mr. Charles Creighton, their conductor, treated the entire orchestra to gelato at Roberto's afterwards, which offer was met with eager enthusiasm by the young musicians.

3 comments:

Lena said...

Oh Dear Vita,
Now I can go to bed and dream sweet dreams of a day gone by. I imagined long dresses, fans and punch afterwards...and I learned a new word! I looked it up. This was a very euphonious post indeed!

Vita said...

They played so beautifully! You should have heard them. They are incredible.

Unknown said...

Aha! It's a cello!!