Monday, April 03, 2006

A cup of coffee, please.



Yesterday was OK. It was Daylight Savings Time, but it was also Sunday. I thought I got up at 6:30, but it turns out to have been 7:30 DST. That's OK. Plenty of sleep. This morning was different. HHusband (who gets up at 4:30, and my alarm goes off at 5:30) must have been feeling coffee-esk, because he drank it all, and when I went to the pot, two drops dribbled into my cup. I repeatedly started to make more, but in the rush of making lunches for everyone, kept forgetting to follow-through. The upshot is, here I am, but I've still had no coffee. At least I remembered to turn on my alarm, so it would wake me up this morning. It starts off with the I Love Lucy theme, and I think it was up to playing the theme from Green Acres with Eddy Arnold and Zsa Zsa Gabor, or her sister, I've forgotten now, before I finally drug myself out of bed. It's OK, except I was too late to get any coffee.

4 comments:

Vita said...

Maybe I dragged myself out of bed. I don't know. drag dragged drug have dragged will have dragged Sixth grade was too long ago. I don't remember. It's like which Gabor was singing with Eddy Arnold? Except that sounds like Zsa Zsa to me.

Oh-oh. Cat on shoulder.

Lena said...

Dear Vita,
I think it was her sister Eva, or was it Ava? I worry about the punctuation and grammar part of things too, but if I worry about it too much I get embarrassed and feel like I shouldn't blog so I try not to go there. It is hard to remember everything I learned in high school LA, I struggle with it...and isn't spell check weird? Not being a morning person and finding any coffee that sits for longer than about 40 minutes to be a terrible thing to endure...I usually have to make my own coffee. Picky me...serves me right! Hope the rest of your day goes better...I'm off the reset all of the clocks. I think I'm going to count them...seems like everything has a clock on it these days! Drives me crazy!

Vita said...

You are right. It's Eddie Albert (not Eddy Arnold) and Eva Gabor. Ava was a Gardner. I think all my clocks are done, except my wrist watches (I have more than one) and a wall clock I put in the closet because I haven't hung it yet, but it was set to the right time before this Time Change thing came along. Bah! Humbug! I made some coffee, but I didn't do a very good job. It's not yummy. Bleackhch! The computer and the VCR set themselves. I don't think the DVD player has a time. The coffee pot has a time, but I don't think it's anywhere near right because I can't figure how to set it, and the phone has a time, but no one but Her Highness Darling Daughter can figure out how to work it.

Unknown said...

Arnold is the pig!
I'm on my way for coffee right now Vita... I wish you could join me, but I have to drink and drive...dang.