Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Not Very Holidayesque

All my relatives, outside HH and DD and cousin Rita will be at Lithia Park in Ashland for July 4, but I'm not going to be there. I don't feel like being there, and I don't feel like being here, and I don't feel like playing in the community band--two concerts. First one is in Central Park and 2nd is at Waterfront Park at 9:30 p.m., which is past my bedtime. DD, who has boundless energy and likes to stay up until 2, wants me to give her a ride home after the fireworks. I'm wearing my navy high water pants, and would wear my navy shirt if I could find it. Right now I'm wearing pink. Not very 4th-like, and guaranteed to clash with everyone else's red. If I play in the band I can wear my white CCBand shirt.

HH has a sinus infection that is bugging him. I don't know just what he'll feel up to doing. Yesterday he and I put his mom's awnings up. We were really late this year, but she has air conditioning, and likes heat anyway, so I think she was pretty content to wait until we got a chance to do it. She has that new knee, and doesn't feel like doing the exercises to limber it up and make it work, because it hurts. While we were there the Physical Therapist came and checked on her and lectured her about doing the exercises. When we left, HH told her to do her exercises, and she said she'd start tomorrow. Hmmmm.

Mrs. Staggs sent me the most beautiful package from Merryville, with forget-me-nots and a birds nest on the beautiful label, and more forget-me-nots, lovely soap and wonderful hand-stamped cards in a gorgeous hand-stamped box inside. If I get a picture I'll put it here. Everyone is so good at the pictures thing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can give DD a ride home if you like : )

Vita said...

Huge thank-you's to M Hippy for bringing DD home after the fireworks. After playing in CCBand's early concert, I went home and HH and I watched a movie from the video store, Life as a House. Pretty good. I went to bed at 11:30 p.m. and got up at 5:30 a.m., but didn't fall right to sleep because of all the noisey fireworks going off all over the neighborhood.

Lena said...

Hi, Vita...I just sent the gift because I wanted you to know I was thinking of you. I'd feel better if you didn't post pictures, really. I only post gifts from the bloggers because it seems like that's what bloggers do...I think it's sort of an uncomfortable custom myself. I like to give gifts "just because". Anyhow, I'm thinking about you and know it's a sad time for you. xoxo

Vita said...

Oh, thank you. I'm really glad. It is so beautiful, though. Now I can use it.