Sunday, July 16, 2006

Radio Movie


Last night HH (isn't he cute?) took me to see the Prarie Home Companion movie at The Darkside. Going there is always a treat, and the movie was a treat, too. I was enchanted by Meryl Streep's performance. Hee hee. Everyone was adorable. Since it was Saturday night at Davinci Days, I figured everyone would be there, but the theater was still full, after all these weeks. I'm so glad, because HH and DD had already seen it weeks ago when I was in Bend, and I didn't think I was going to get to see it. Seeing movies is a wonderful treat for me, and it's something my parents enjoyed over 60 years ago. They used to throw in a walk in Lithia Park and an ice cream from the soda fountain at Ashland Drug(?) along with the movie.

It seemed like the library was a popular place for parents meeting kids to give them a ride home after DaVinci Days. The concerts ended at 11, and DD had a wonderful time. She reported that she saw M Hippy's Thing 1 there. At first town seemed deserted, but the kids were there, and soon a line-up of cars was behind me to get their teenagers-without-cars. I had just arrived during a lull. They were like quail--easier to see once they started moving. There were the DD and friends, and a line-up of parents in cars to pick them up and bring them home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did DD notice the mohawk?

Vita said...

It's a funny thing. She never mentioned the Mohawk. Isn't that strange?

Lena said...

HH is indeed very handsome!