Monday, July 10, 2006

Collections of.....of What?


We all know what the Incredibly Cute HH has a collection of, but I am wondering, now that I've gotten rid of my map collection, what I have collections of, besides letters from my father? I know I have a rather large collection of those, because after throwing away most of the letters I had from other people and regretting it, I kept almost all of the letters from my dad, and he wrote to me nearly every day for six years and a month, except Saturday and Sunday. He used to write on Saturday, too. So, I've got a letter collection. And now I have some of the letters that I wrote to him, too.

I don't think I have any collections that would fill a barn, or even a U-Haul truck, but I may have unsuspectingly collected something besides letters. I like tea cups and have a few, but doesn't everyone? Is a few a collection? If I had a pretty cupboard to put them in, I'd have more, but my house is too small for a pretty cupboard. I wanted to collect spoons, but didn't really get very far with that, and then I lost half of the few I had, so I don't think you can call 3 a collection. I've got a feeling, though, that there's something lurking darkly in the closets and cupboards around the house here. I'm still working on the files, so I won't be discovering anything just this week, or I don't think so, anyway. Meanwhile, I'm going to tell myself I must be quite virtuous because I haven't found a collection that would fill either a barn or a truck. I have some books I could get rid of, now I think about it. My mom always told me that libraries are for holding book collections, and one isn't required at home, but I'll keep some, of course.

No comments: