Thursday, July 06, 2006

Expected Unexpected

This morning, after a night of not being able to sleep, I slept in. The phone awakened me at 6:45 a.m. It was the Handsome Husband, wanting to be picked up in front of Gold's Gym. Luckily he broke down near some phones and not out in the boonies. He takes the scenic route to work. Breakdowns are what is to be expected when a person rides a 1942 bike to work that hasn't been thoughouly gone through yet. He told me that he thought the magneto quit working. Anyway, I picked him up and we went home to get the trailer-in-a-bag, then came back and got the bike loaded up. I was trusted to fit the ramp to the back of the trailer. We brought back the 1942, and he took the 1983? trusty bare naked Gold Wing to work. I think it's a 1983. It came after the 1979 Harley Davidson and the 1981? Suzuki GS 1100. Oh! I did like that Suzuki!! Fun. But HH said it needed a radiator (it was air-cooled), so he bought the Gold Wing, and that has been the Most Wonderful Bike. It has many many many many miles on it, and that's with barely being ridden now days, with all the other stable of bikes around. Did I count 7 or 8? I can only think of 7. The one he rode to work today was the oldest. He's such an exciting guy! What's he going to do next?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is very exciting! I have so many things that I want to save up for...
but one is a Vespa. Even if my HH doesn't want me to ride one I still want it. Maybe that's why I want it so bad?!

Lena said...

I'm getting dizzy just trying to keep up with all those bikes!
Did you get to go back to bed?
Yes, he is an exciting fellow...with the best sense of humor. Usually....did he have it with him this morning?

Vita said...

Yes, Darling, Exciting, Witty HH was quite calm about his predicament, at least by the time I got to him. He did wonder why it took me so long, but I was just taking the advice of Robert Frost and not rushing. No, I didn't get back to bed. Good luck with that Vespa.