Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hanging Out


Ducati by Moonlight

Today as I was hanging out the clothes, I remembered when Old Cat was still young, and she still spent a lot of time outside. She's strictly inside now. Back then she would bring me presents and leave them for me under the clothesline. Do you know what a cat's idea of a present is? The answer is dead, often headless, small animals. I learned to survey the ground before actually coming out with a basket of clothes, because the basket hides the ground under foot.

Another thing I was thinking about were the little spiders and their prey that like to hang out in clothespins if you fail to bring them in from last week when you hung out the clothes. Today I surprised a spider munching on a half-eaten earwig. Why do earwigs climb clear up into the clotheslines? What are they looking for? Or are they just trying to get away from the other earwigs?

2 comments:

Lena said...

Can earwigs fly...or do they just think they can?

Jess D'Zerts said...

Hi Vita, thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoyed reading several of your posts just now. I'll be back!