Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rise and Shine!

Hello! Good morning. It's time to be up and about. It is my intention every day to get up and 5 and be showered and dressed by 5:30, so I can go outside and play in the garden before it gets too hot, but every morning at 5 I'm sound asleep and usually quite surprised when my alarm goes off at 5:30. One step I'll have to take before actually getting up at 5 will be to reset my alarm clock. Before I do that I need to reset my internal clock so I can go to bed earlier. I was still up at 12:30 last night, and I'm a woman who functions better on 8 hours of sleep, but I was up at 5:35. It's just that this weather isn't conducive to sleep, is it? Well, I guess I've got half an hour. It's 8 o'clock and I'm just out of the shower. Well, I had to wake up, didn't I? And pack a lunch, and read my e-mail, and clean out the cat box, and feed the cats, and drink a cup of coffee, but I can go outside and play in the garden now. Bye-BYE!

3 comments:

Lena said...

5:00am....no way! 8:00 I can manage. I need to be in my garden too. Hope you enjoyed the time in yours. It's cooled off some here but still feels a little bit too warm in the evenings. I wonder what the winter will bring us?

Vita said...

Dear Mrs. Staggs, how good to hear from you. HH found David Byrne radio, and they just finished playing a Chet Baker set which of course included My Funny Valentine. It's playing on the computer. Now it's Willie Nelson. I just wish everyone would leave out all the sappy violins. Of course, it must help keep a bunch of violin players employed, so I probably shouldn't complain out loud. Yes, it's cooled off here, and the fans are even turned off! I watered in back, but have to get fully dressed to go out front. Need that shower!

herhimnbryn said...

Since moving to Oz, 5.30am is the normal time to get up in the Summer. All gardening or cooking is best done before the heat pole axes me! I sympathise! And you stay up late, because it's too hot to sleep?
Take care.