Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday Morning Blues

Ha ha. That's because I have a blues station on the radio. KRBM? That's what it sounds to me like they are saying. Maybe it's KRVM. Imagine pretty blue flowers spilling out of pots and flopping around on the ground. Have you got that image in your mind? Me, too. I went to the Saturday market yesterday, but didn't buy anything, except a pretty orange cauliflower. DD wondered why didn't I get a purple one? Missing HH this morning, thus the RADIO. If he were here he'd probably be off WALKING, anyway.

Went over to see MIL yesterday and take her shopping. She pointed out nice article in Saturday Gazette Times about friend running for US President. Big picture and everything. He said on a radio interview that the answer to keeping USA business viable and competitive in a world market is a 20% sales tax and ZERO income tax. However unpleasant a 20% sales tax sounds, ZERO income tax sounds better, and if it meant keeping more businesses healthy and local, and maybe bringing some back from China then wouldn't it be worth it? Well, that's it. Maybe that's too much. Oops.

Which reminds me of how worried I am about China not using their bicycles anymore and getting all polluted. I wish my knee weren't so bad and I could ride a bicycle. I was jealous of all the bicycles at the market yesterday. Lots of pretty flowers there, and lovely vegetables. Was a girl playing harp trying to sell CD's at $15 each, and a boy looked like he was drawing her picture, and down the block was a lady playing fiddle. Gotta watch out for those Toyota Priuses. They don't make any noise when they back up.

1 comment:

Lena said...

Sounds like you are having a nice weekend despite HH being away. I've never seen an orange cauliflower!
I've been thinking about riding my bike again....soooo many hills around here though. The bike trail is close but full of commuters going way too fast for me.
I love da blues!