Thursday, June 29, 2006

Back to School


Here's HH's newest m/c. Isn't it cute? I have been wanting to take classes at LBCC for several years, and I finally successfully signed up for one. Two, actually, one for me, and one for DD. They are not at the same time. Anyway, I've had my first week of class, and am amazed at how hard it is. There is little time, so the instructor talks fast, and I don't catch all she says, though I listen as hard as I can. Also, we barely have enough time to get the week's work done, if we put in extra time in the lab. I may have been in pretty good shape, except I missed an important part of one of her lectures, with the result that all the work I did one day was gone, and I had to start over. I wonder if the second time was better than the first time, or worse? I can't wait to check and see next week on how I did, if I have time. I have to go tonight for extra lab time, because there's two days missed because of 4th of July, and the weekly schedule makes no allowance, we still have to get a week's work done next week, with only one day of class instead of three. And me so slow! I am worried.

We're going to Klamath Falls this weekend for Dad's funeral. My mother-in-law needs us here then, but we'll do what we can for her today before we go. She's coming home Saturday from the rehab center after her knee replacement surgery. Her doctors are trying to get hold of her, and even though they should know how to reach her, they don't. They know she had knee surgery and went to the rehab place, but they call her at home. I think the expenses involved in being a doctor are so high, they are having to work too much to pay the bills. It's a wonder anyone is willing to be a doctor these days. Her regular doctor has escaped with his family for a vacation in Alaska. I hope they're having fun, because they deserve a good time. His partners are trying to look after Mom.

5 comments:

Lena said...

I've been thinking about you all Dear Vita and my heart will be there with you this weekend.
Wow, you are taking a class! What kind of class? I think you will do fine once you get a chance to settle into your life again. I think you are very very smart. I always learn something new when I spend time with you. You've got a lot to do and think about these days.
Is this HH's only Harley? I love the old triumph. Give him a hug for me...HH that is...not the bike!

brsmaryland said...

Vita, glad you are back. I know it has been a whirlwind time for you. Yes, what class?? I bet school has changed a lot since we last sat in a college class! A Harley for HH...won't my HH be surprised! Will talk to you soon.

Vita said...

The class is Windows, and the bike is a 1942 WLC flat-head 45, and if anyone knows what WLC stands for, I am wondering. I hope you're right about the settling part and doing fine. I'm sure not settled now.

homespun living said...

Vita,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your kind comments! ~ it's so nice to have visitors.
Best wishes for your trip this weekend.
Debbie

Rosa said...

I am so srry to hear about your dad.