Monday, March 27, 2006

New Flowers in Pots

I bought a few new flowers and planted them today. It was so nice and warm and almost sunny. Now I'm going to have to close up all the windows and doors I have open to let in the fresh air. So much for fresh air--It's getting cold in here. I think I have to put away my things, while I'm at it--empty flower containers and trowel and things. Then I'll start dinner. I'm on a soup kick, and every meal lately has been soup and salad. Darling Daugher, AKA Her Highness, ate eggs this morning, which amazed me. A milestone in breakfast dining. I scrambled them and, thanks to my friend Andrea who taught me how, they were good. Pretty sad when you have to have someone teach you how to scramble eggs, isn't it? I'm waiting for D. D. to realize the joys of mushrooms. That will be more fun than eggs.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Mrs.Harding and I went out to breakfast this morning and then to Fred Meyer to buy fuschia and geranium starts..2 for $1.00. I had an artichoke omlette with hollandaise...pretty good! It was really chilly but sunny so I opened up my windows for awhile today too!

Vita said...

Oh, Mrs. Staggs! Thank you for the reminder. I'm just back from a trip with Darling Daughter Her Highness, and needed reminders to get back on track. How lovely breakfasting with Mrs. Harding.