Friday, March 24, 2006

Rain Sun Rain Sun Rain

It's one of THOSE days. And, my outlook changes with the weather. Trying to get involved with cleaning my house, and its easy when the sun is out, but when the black clouds come, so does the black mood. I finally hauled the cans back to the store to get the 5 cent deposit. While there, I ran into my friend's wife, who told me he how frustrated he's been lately with not being able to see well. He's had surgery to help, so hopefully that will get better. They are talking about moving in a year, and trying to divest themselves of some of the collections they've gathered that won't fit into their newer, smaller place. Oh! That reminds me. I got a package today from my father. He sent me two cameras, two magazines, two boxes (one for Her Highness) and a box of candy for HHusband. Such a treat. And a bar of soap. That elevated my mood for a while. Now it's pouring rain and the blackest clouds, but I've got to shake myself out of this malaise.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Dear Vita...I know how you feel...I finally left the "cleaning" and headed to the library for the 2nd time in a week. I had to return due books one day and today reserved books were in. It was a good day for books. You know how some days nothing sounds good and then other days, you come home with a ton? I will save them for late in the evenings as I really do need to get on top of things here. We've had wind, hail, rain and beautiful sunshine here today! It does seem like the longest winter I can ever remember. Maybe HHusband will take you out to dinner?

brsmaryland said...

Oh I feel for my friends in the Pac NW. You have had way more than your fair share of precip. I need to start the spring cleaning/clearing out too. The weather has the opposite affect on me. When it is gloomy, I can putter around the house all day and night. When it is nice and sunny, I feel I have to take advantage of the weather and do something out of doors. Hope things dry up for you soon.