Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tree Pruning Day

Today was going to be our annual get-everyone-out-of-house-to-prune-the-trees day, except no one could convince Her Highness to help with the tree pruning. Also, HHusband had a motorcycle out on the corner of the yard, as he often does, with a For Sale sign on it. Also, it was again, a beautiful day. That brought all the neighbors out, and most of them stop by to chat. Well some pruning did get done, maybe so much as 1 and 1/4 trees, but Her Highness wanted to do something outside the house, and in order to get outside the house without having to do anything with tree pruning, she convinced a friend to come over and help with the tree pruning. Wow! Friend of Her Highness actually came over and helped.

Someone came and bought the motorcycle on the corner, and that slowed up the tree pruning operation, but most everyone was happy with that. Buyer seemed pleased, Buyer's son was pleased, HHusband was pleased, Neighbor was pleased, stray dog seemed OK with it, I was glad enough.

By the way, does anyone else have stray dogs in their neighborhoods that are the size of deer? I keep seeing stray dogs that are large exotic breeds roaming around on their own near my home. Usually it's a Mastiff, but today's dog was a greyhound. I hope he made his way home. Her Highness tells me that in France, all unknown dogs are male. Or was that cats?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! HHusband sold the bike in one day? Does this pay for the cool one he just bought?

I don't have deer dogs, I have bunny deer. They (the deer) hop everywhere.

I should have come over to your neighborhood, sounds like fun!

Hey, where's my last post? Did you reject me?

Vita said...

I didn't reject you, I think I lost you because I'm just learning. I'm sorry.

Yes, a nice weekend day on my street is like a block party.

Unknown said...

Tuesday night and no Vita!!!! What to do? No Vita!!!

Vita said...

What to say, what to say? I have a long story, but no time to tell it. Maybe I'm afraid it is too dull. Oh, my. There's my drier. Got to go!