Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Coffee Kiosks

Oh dear me. Last night for some reason I just couldn't sleep. I'm usually a very good sleeper, so was surprised by my sleeplessness. A friend of mine said he hadn't slept in three days, and I wondered how did he carry on? I hope I don't get to find out first hand. Anyway, I had to rush off early this morning to an appointment, and felt deprived by my lack of coffee, so I stopped at one of the many drive-up coffee huts. Are they ALWAYS so cheerful and energetic? The one I was at is handily located, and therefore, very busy. Cars lined up around the place in both directions. All that cheer was a bit much, and why do they ask personal questions? Just give me coffee and tell me what I owe. I'm going to take a nap this afternoon. As soon as the coffee wears off.

5 comments:

brsmaryland said...

What kind of personal questions?! Hope you were able to take a nap today.

Unknown said...

I hope your night went better than mine... no dent in your slide I hope!
Yes...tell us the personal questions!
ch

Vita said...

He was asking me what did I have going on today. Which was yesterday. I did get a nap, and Her clever Highness woke me up from it to come get her. Anyway, isn't that personal? Plus it was much too difficult a question for groggy me! I'd have had to use notes! HHusband and I went to Independence, where an overworked, but very clever machinist has a motorcycle specialty shop, where he made tricked out custom things and had a customer that goes to the Bonneville Salt Flats every year to see how fast he can go, just like The World's Fastest Indian, except he didn't have to take a freighter over from Australia to do it. We had a lovely lunch in Independence at a tiny cafe that closes at two, which was just when we finished our lovely lunch. All I can say is, it's a good thing Her Highness called me. Slept from 2:20 to 3:20. Refreshing!

Vita said...

Oops! I mean New Zealand, not Australia. Another P.S. to dear M. Hippy, I'm so sorry about your slide.

Lena said...

Oh, you sound just like me in the mornings...don't talk to me!
Maybe I should come back later...