Saturday, March 18, 2006

Laundry is my Favorite Chore

Here it is, a week later, and bulbs are up and blooming, the sun came out, the cats found the sunny spots on the carpet and curled up in them, and the other tree and two thirds are still not pruned. When I'm not doing something for someone else, I get stymied, because there's so much to do, I wonder what to do first. Everyone's gone today, and it's just me and the cats. Should I get the ladder and go outside? I'm trying to learn how to play a nice Kabelevsky sonatina on the piano, and that's all I want to do, but when I practice I feel guilty about all the things I'm not doing. I tell myself I can't possibly do laundry without playing the piano while the machines run, or I won't know when the drier stops so I can't take the clothes out and fold them immediately. Don't I need to do some laundry now? The sun has hidden itself behind a bank of clouds. It doesn't seem so nice out. Brrr. I think I'd better do laundry.

No comments: