Wednesday, May 17, 2006

On Their Way

Our delightful guests Tom and Beth are now on their happy way north, just as far as Portland today. It feels like all the excitement and glitter has left with them, though HH is really really really looking forward to the antique motorcycle show this weekend.

The motorcycle from New Zealand arrived, and he rode it yesterday until the battery fell out. He has ordered a new battery from California, and if it comes in time, he'll be able to put the new bike (built in l953 in England) in the show. He has two other old bikes from England that he plans to show, so everything will still be fun. I thought it was pretty brave sending lots of money off for a bike in New Zealand, and enjoyed laughing at him and teasing him. It came and is very nice, though, so his faith was well placed. When we picked up the bike, we had to go through Customs, which didn't say "Customs" anywhere when we were looking for which door to go in once we got inside. It said "Homeland Security". Glad that all went well. There were men with guns!

DD is at least as excited about her upcoming birthday as HH is about the show. Both of those events are on Sunday. I'm excited about a Saturday night dance the band is playing for. A fund raiser for 2008 presidential hopeful, Michael Charles Smith. (A -gasp!- Republican.) Actually, if there must be republicans, I would like them all to be much more like Mike! Then there is a Corvallis Junior Symphony Concert Sunday at 3 which I'm excited to see. I guess we are busy and will carry on carrying on.

2 comments:

Lena said...

The excitement and glitter is departing here tomorrow too. :>( Guess we'll all be back to doing most of our visiting vis Blogville once again soon. We've had a wonderful visit with Ms. Beth and will enjoy the few days we have left with Tom. Hope you all enjoyed the big birthday weekend and all the rest.

phlegmfatale said...

Wow, vita! Is the photo on your avatar your house and garden? Enchanting!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I like yours, too. You obviously have a love of gardens that is akin to my own.
I'm also glad you enjoyed my recounting of the trip across Texas. It's a great ride that is life-affirming, I find. Another spectacular ride that makes me long to be in a sidecar or on a 3 wheeled motorcycle is up highway 7 in Arkansas, which is spectacular and breathtaking - ever ride that on a scooter?
I've never ridden a motorcycle, but I just turned 40 and I'm uppity enough to take it up now that I know it's too late to die very young!