Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day


Beth took this photo of an iris blooming at Mom's. HH's Mom. I wanted to show you the beautiful azalea from my own mom's funeral that one of her old friends from her childhood sent, but I don't have one, and it's through blooming now. I'm so glad it seems to be thriving, and it's 7 years old already. Yesterday Mom and I went up to the Memory Care place in Salem where her Sweetie is staying. He's not very well, but he's happy. She took him an old hat he wore in the service I think before WWII. It was very cute. He said he'd wear it today.

I wanted to go to Klamath Falls this weekend, but DD had her quartet performance at a recital Saturday, so we had lots to do around here. I like to go to the cemetary in Klamath Falls where many of my relatives are, and use real flowers, since my Dad is all silk flowers, and probably has the graves all decorated with them. None of the relatives would appreciate the silk flowers, but Dad is happy, and he's still around.

1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

exquisite iris!