Monday, September 25, 2006

Zhoen's Challenge




WHAT I'LL NEVER DO, AND THAT'S OK.

Be perfect.
Sight read piano.
Keep the Dust Bunnies out.


WHAT I'VE DONE, AND WOULD LIKE TO DO AGAIN.

Take motorbike trips.
Hike up Matterhorn.
Play second trombone in symphony.
Play second trombone with big band. (I do this now.)
Play in trombone quartet.

WHAT I'VE DONE, AND WILL HAVE TO DO AGAIN.

Cook.
Work out at the gym.
Clean.
Organize.
Carpool.

WHAT I WON'T DO AGAIN.

Be young.
Move my left ankle.
Drink Long Island Iced Tea.
Eat cake.
Run.

WHAT I MAY STILL GET TO DO.

Create beautiful rooms in home.
Have vision for garden, then make it so.
Learn new trombone playing tricks.
Keep a car until the ENGINE breaks.


If you are middle-aged ( whatever that may be) and read this blog, consider yourself tagged. Please let Zhoen know.
(To do that, you'll have to link off to Secret Hill and follow her link to Zhoen, as I'm inept.)

10 comments:

herhimnbryn said...

Oh great responses.
Ditto re dust bunnies!
Curious about your left ankle and not eating cake?
Ditto re garden. Today am thinking I'll never get there!

Avus said...

Love the pic! Looks like a very much worked on and loved Russian Ural outfit.

Unknown said...

Whoa Vita, very good! Now I've got some thinking to do...

Pete said...

Re the carpool response - I'm begining to realize what that entails(as his daughter attends her first school disco).

Love the motor bike, what is it?

Zhoen said...

A real life trombonist, I am honored!

I know a trombonist joke.

Vita said...

hhnb, I think you'll get as far as your studio taking up all your time lets you.
Yes, Avus is right about the motorbike, it's a Russian Ural. It was visiting our house looking at a bike for sale when it was caught on camera. I think it's awfully cute.
Carni, I'll be looking for you.
kp, school Disco? We had an American football game last night.
Zoen, Please tell us the joke.

Hulda said...

Very nice, old mc! :o)how did the puppy do?

Vita said...

Hulda, puppy Heidi is doing great. MIL says she's very naughty, and does everything bad she can think of, and she's so smart she can think of lots of things to do bad, like tearing things up, chewing toes, chewing socks, chewing hem of dress, chewing paper, barking, and more, so it's a good thing she's so sweet, loving, irresistable and cute. MIL seems to be very happy with her new roomate, and we (me, HH, DD) all love her, too.

Darkmind said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vita said...

Ha ha. Yes, Oh Dark One, I thought about going back and editing myself when I read what I'd written about reading pianos, but I've left it a little late now.