Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fight Fight Fight

Here it is, Thursday morning, and I'm still battling the huge stashes of Stuff. Some of the Stuff is Stuff I just brought back this summer from Dad's. I think I have made inroads in the Stuff, but could anyone else tell by looking? Maybe some, like BRS or Mrs. Staggs, who are familiar with Stuff Fighting. I mentioned Craig's List to HH, who thinks just Garage Sale and EBay are better for getting rid of Stuff that's too valuable for the charity shop or the garbage. I keep seeing the directions to put things in 1) Trash 2) Give Away and 3) Keep containers, with labels on. Maybe I should try it--the labels, I mean.

Photo is of Crooked River off Highway 20, from HH's run last weekend with antique motorcycles. He says part of the adventure is the possibility of a breakdown. He keeps getting little boxes of parts from UK, and had been expecting some for days, and was all atwitter earlier this week when box came. Now he's got his B31, the BSA from New Zealand, up and running. Funny thing about that bike. The previous owner has the same first and second name as HH, and his last initial is also the same. Isn't that interesting? He (HH) told me he had to strain his little gray cells a bit and go back into what he called "The Vault" while pointing to his head, probably from electronics 101 in 1969 or so to get new old generator rotating in opposite direction, to make bike happy. Now bike and man are both happy.

2 comments:

Avus said...

BSA B31 - a good solid 350cc (OK you yanks go for cubic inches, I know!)single cylinder bike. An ideal commuter when it was first made and lots bought them to run to work (and ran them into the ground - cars were mostly unaffordable then) - hence they are getting quite rare.

Nice to know H has one up and running.

I have owned 3 BSAs. The first was a 150cc Bantam (the rare now D3 model), on which I learnt to ride back in 1957. Then, when the kids came along we had a BSA M21 (600cc sidevalve) with a Garrard Grand Prix sports sidecar - the staid old plodder, married to the "bullet shaped" sidecar reminded one of a bishop taking a hooker for a walk!

brsmaryland said...

Happy HH is good ;-) If the Buckeyes win today, my HH will be happy too.
Went yard sale-ing today and came home empty handed. Don't know if there really was nothing worthy of buying or I'm getting really selective cuz of 'stuff reduction' in the back of my mind. Hard to see any gains if I just bring more in. I'm not counting family heirlooms. Recently got 2 boxes of those. That's a completely different kind of 'stuff.' :-)