Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Stuff


Can't stay long here. Must put self in HIGH GEAR to make GREAT STRIDES toward destuffing and making room for baby grand piano. Are we going to have a garage sale? The talk on this issue fluctuates and I don't know what I'm doing. If we do have the garage sale, then I'd better not haul any more stuff off to charity shops. If only we lived close to HH's brother, who runs his own charity shop through his church....though I guess they have no shortage of donations to deal with. I haven't heard from my brother regarding when piano may arrive. He wrote and said he has major tooth things happening to him.

HH is talking about selling his drums. Might as well, I guess, as he's too beat up to play anymore, and he only likes to mess with motorcycles. Dang. I wonder, though, if I got rid of enough stuff in the closet and his drums would fit in there, would he be willing to keep them until the eventuality of him not being a mechanic and beating himself up at work too much to play. I got things away from the door enough to open it. I still need vent holes in door. There are mystery-things in that closet.

2 comments:

Lena said...

So, will you have 2 pianos now? Perhaps you've mentioned this and I don't remember?
I've never had a garage sale. I just give things to charity. This summer I gave away 4-5 car loads of stuff. The Volvo was filled to the brim each time. It felt really good to clear things out, but there are a couple of things I wish I had kept. That always happens a little bit. I still have to clean out more, but probably won't get to it for awhile yet as my doctor has ordered me to use my arms minimally for awhile. That's why I'm not doing much on the computer lately. Thank you for the book...it is keeping me company while I veg.
Good luck with your sorting!

Vita said...

Yes, if all goes well, there will be two pianos. Then some time I can get them tuned, and we can play two piano duets. I used to have the music for one, but I get so nervous trying to keep steady time that I get all frozen up and tense and siezed up, no matter how silly the duet I'm trying to play is, so DD gave my part to someone else. I wonder that I can manage to play trombone with others. Good for you getting rid of all that stuff. I know what you mean about slipping in a few wrong things. I once gave away the rag doll my Grandma made for me. Dang!!!!!!!!!