Sunday, September 03, 2006

What Fun


Instead of battling all the poison oak yesterday, I went to the Saturday Market and bought lovely tomatoes, and when I returned, I found that HH had mowed the little strip of lawn around the roses between the two driveways. The little baby rose, is no higher than the dandilions blooming in the lawn, and its blossoms are a pale yellowy orange, so it got mowed in an accident that was bound to happen, but it only affected it's top most bits, which I then trimmed off, and no harm done. I wonder if I should plant the new azalea, which is still in it's florist shop pot, in the row with the roses? Would it look out of place? Only if I never get around to planting daisies and vinca and phlox, too.

I don't remember how, but suddenly it was two o'clock, and we planned to see the movie The Heart of the Game at 3 at the Darkside Cinema. We were the Only People in the Theater! A private viewing. We were very entertained. It is a documentary about girl's high school basketball in Seattle, Washington.

After the movie, we picked up the daughter and went to see MIL and Katie-who-is-now-Heidi. Even DD, who tries to claim she is not a dog person because she is a cat person, could not resist the charms of Heidi. MIL tried to call her Katie, but just naturally kept calling her Heidi to the point where she said "Ah, heck, I'll just call her "Heidi", so Heidi it is. DD kept muttering to herself that Alley (her cat) (when she's not my cat) is cuter, like she was trying to convince herself.

4 comments:

Vita said...

Oh, look. There are two of these! Hmmmm.

Hulda said...

Heidi, a cute name for the little doggie! :o) Thank you for your comment at my blog, at the post about autumn. :O)

Unknown said...

Two of what??

I think DD is a dog person at heart... maybe that's part of why I like her so much!

Rosa said...

A private viewing, how wonderful! That is the sweetest puppy! Awwww.