Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another Trip


I'm just back from another trip down to my Dad's house. The car is full of family heirlooms, the mirror my great aunt gave my grandparents when they were married, stuff like that. I'm going to hang the mirror where I now have a print my brother had made of another great aunts drawing of The Family Tree.

My brother says I should go through all the recent snap shots (there are hundreds or maybe thousands) to see what should be kept, copied, shared. My car was full the last trip, so I will need to make more trips. He's made many many more than I. He discovered a leak in the chimmney and was reparing it when I left yesterday. Clever fellow.

6 comments:

Vita said...

Oh, sorry. Picture is of HH and some of his friends posing in front of The Three Sisters mountains.

brsmaryland said...

Maybe when you sort out your heirloom stuff, if you don't want to keep everything, you can bring it to an antique store/dealer. A friend of mine did that with her mom's stuff and got a few hundred dollars. She didn't figure out prices herself, just dropped off the box, told them to take what they wanted and return the rest. I think they took almost everything.

Avus said...

Nice picture, Vita. I envy you your countryside, reminds me a bit of New Zealand's South Island.

I suppose we have some pretty great mountain scenery here up in scotland, but that is 600 miles away and in this overcrowded country, with its overcrowded roads and traffic jams it is just too much aggro to get there easily!

Vita said...

Hi, brs. No, I'm not going to sell any family heirlooms. If I can't fit it in, I'll give it to a brother. I tried to take only what I could fit. We're getting rid of our things, some of which are horrid anyway, but it was a good idea, if I didn't have brothers. And, if the brothers don't have room, there are cousins. HH likes the old rooster lamp I brought home. A bit cheezey, maybe, if no sentimental attachment, but sentimental I am.

Hey, Avis. Oregon is so beautiful, and in Klamath Falls where I grew up we could see Mt. Shasta in California, which is extrodinarily beautiful. The valley I live in has only Mary's Peak visible, but it's not usually white. We enjoy being only an hour away from the Pacific Ocean, via hwy 34 or 20, and 34 is a v good twisty m/c road.

Avus said...

I told my BMW about Highway 34 and he is very jealous! His new tyres need the sidewall tags rubbing away.

Vita said...

Right. And while BMW is on Hwy 34, he would like to jump onto a little side trip up Mary's Peak, but watch out for deer. HH lost a side mirror once and sort of hurt his shoulder on a new-to-him Honda Ascot meeting deer. He felt a fool because he made a mistake.