Friday, September 08, 2006

Baby Day

I visited two babies today. First was a sweet little trumpet player's baby, who woke up and wandered all around the coffee shop while I held both her hands, because she can't really walk yet. Ha ha. She was so funny. She picked up her knees like she was a drum major leading the marching band, and sometimes she planted her feet, and sometimes she didn't. She'll probably be walking in a couple more months. Oh, my! And how she smiled. Just beaming at anyone who spoke to her.

Second was MIL's baby long haired dachsund, Heidi. So sweet, and like trumpet baby, ecstatic to be visited. Just full of joy. Unlike trumpet baby, Heidi is very agile, and flies around, leaping over her new doggy bed, after her new squeeky toy, or having a go at her tail. So funny! MIL talking about not being long for this world. I reminded her she has to be strong so she can take care of Heidi. Also, I'm not ready to loose another elder, but I didn't mention that bit.

3 comments:

herhimnbryn said...

Joyous post V.
Your MIL now has another reason to live as long as possible. You are right.

Unknown said...

I missed coffee!! darn. I have been having a lovely time with my MIL and family... loads of visiting going on here.

Avus said...

Dogs can be wonderful "life enhancers" for the elderly. Here in the UK we have "visiting dogs" to old peoples' residential homes.

When my mother had a spell in one I used to visit her with my German Shepherd - the other residents just loved him to bits. (and naturally, tart that he is, he played along with it all!)