Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wonderful HH

When I had my Dad to write to, I could brag to him about how incredibly wonderful HH is, but now that he's gone, I've been missing having a recipient for my bragging.

A little background on HH. He used to work for a huge international company that didn't give a hoop about individual employees, only net totals, and they thought the best way was to put so much pressure on everyone from managers down, that the management turnover was high, and at least once at HH's center, it was because the manager had a heart attack and died. If they don't kill off the managers, they just leave so they won't die. HH's blood pressure was starting to get high, and he was getting nothing but criticism even though he had the best numbers in the state, because of everyone's stress levels. He decided to quit and went to work elsewhere.

Now he works at a place that gives him nothing but praise. They even fight over him because everyone likes him so much, they want him on their shift, and give him thanks and tell him he's wonderful regularly, which he was when he was working at the awful place, too, but no one mentioned it. It makes such a difference. So if you've got someone wonderful working for you, tell them so, and if you're someone wonderful working for someone who doesn't tell you so, go find a new job. There. That's all I have to say about that. For now.

4 comments:

Lena said...

I'm so very glad to hear that HH is appreciated at his new job. He's one of the nicest and most hard working fellows I've known and sooo talented at what he does. He deserves all the best!
You can brag about him to me anytime! xoxo

Nancy said...

I can tell you from experience, that it is more important to be happy at where you work than anything. No amount of extra money is worth working yourself to death.

Now, money AND praise is even better, but well.........

Unknown said...

Oh Vita,

My HH doesn't much care for his job... though, I worry what would happen if he left. That's me being selfish. He has found an extra hobby to take up his time...now that really worries me. Oh well,
ch

herhimnbryn said...

It does make a difference doesn't it? Kind words for a job well done.