Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Goofing Off Again


Thanks everyone for all the helpful hints. I was going to just go over to DD's side of computer, where she already has Firefox, but discovered the password had changed. Then I tried the photo again, but no luck. Did I tell you Katie, MIL's new puppy, is chocolate and tan besides being 8 weeks old, long haired Dachsund puppy. She loves her toys and MIL and people.

Last night the Corvallis Community Band played, and there was a special guest soloist, who graduated this spring from DD's high school. He's going to Boston School of Music this fall. He played a French horn solo by a French composer, whose name I can't spell, but it sounds sort of like "sa sone". The title of the piece was just as mysterious as the composer. I often think I should study some French because it is so mystifying. Anyway, this young man was absolutely brilliant. I've got to add a link to the web site. I'm sure there will be pictures soon. No sound clips that I know of, though.

Tonight the other band I play in is going to play in the park, and (cringe, groan, quake) I'm supposed to play 3 solos. We have a fabulous trombone soloist, but there are three tunes on tonight's list that have some hamburger soloist. Plus another that is not me, yea. It's probably going to be OK, because last time we played, I was supposed to play a solo, and the trumpets complained that their lips were too shot to play that tune, so maybe they will complain again, since I only have solos on lip killer tunes. DD tells me it'll be OK. I was disappointed last time, because on that tune I think I may sound pretty good, in a not ready for prime time way.

5 comments:

Lena said...

Well, my goodness if you have 3 solos, it is for good reason, so just bask in the limelight my Dear Vita!
Good luck!!!

Hulda said...

Katie sounds very cute! I look forward to see a photo of her! :o) It is lovely with small dogs! Our youngest loves to play and do small pranks. :o)
Good luck with your solos!

herhimnbryn said...

Beautiful dog. They are very good and loyal companions I believe.

Rosa said...

Two bands? Wow, that must keep you pretty busy!!

Avus said...

talk to herhimnbryn about trombone solos!