Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend Away


Friday I took off by myself to Dad's house for the weekend to do some sorting out of things. While I was gone, HH went for a ride and took this picture of his newest oldest motorycle. Most recently purchased, most aged. Isn't it beautiful with the railroad tracks and the road and the bike and the trees?

If I'd had a camera with me I'd have taken a picture of my brother driving a tractor with a big straw western hat driving up from the field past the barn. I hope I don't lose that mental image, because he looked picturesqe. Now I have a bunch of old glasses and dishes that I'm afraid to use because they're delicate and old. Just what I needed.

Driving back over the Willamette Pass I saw a few huge dogwood blossoms in the woods, like it was spring. They were beautiful. Were the trees confused? I could hardly believe my eyes. Two blooms on this tree, one on that, three on the other. That's all.

4 comments:

Lena said...

Oh so interesting....my spring blooming magnolia has blooms all over what is left of it since Mr. Staggs took a chain saw to it! :>(
Poor thing, I know it's confused.
This is a great photo. I so love how digital cameras and computers ect. are making sharing beautiful things so much simpler.
Thanks for the image of your brother. I would have liked the photo, but your words brought him vividly to mind.
One can never have too many lovely delicate memories Vita.

herhimnbryn said...

So, I can't make it out. What is the bike, it looks gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Glad you had an enjoyable drive Vita : )I like doing that now and again. Did HH tell you I called?
Did you get everything sorted out?
Glad you're home!

brsmaryland said...

Solo road trips can be fun. Sounds like yours was very pretty. Unfortunately I didn't have too many flowers along the highway as I traveled to NJ. But the rest stops were entertaining and I was able to stop as long and as often as I wanted to ;-)