Thursday, August 24, 2006

Delete One/Transfer One/Play One


This photo is of the Community Band, taken by Linda wife of CCBand Webmaster. It shows our fearless leader, Steve, conducting. Next Tuesday is our last night of that. If I said last Tuesday was it, its because I'm easily confused. I may not have made a mistake, in which case, disregard disclaimer. Next week we play all our favorites. Yaaaa.

Yesterday I was worried about solos. My favorite of the three, Don't be that Way, was cancelled by the clarinet soloist in favor of a differnt Benny Goodman favorite, Let's Dance. The solo I was most worried about, which was hardest and least secure, in A Warm Breeze, was played by the brilliant trombone soloist I mentioned yesterday, as a favor to the audience, and I only ended up playing one, which I've played a lot and am very comfortable with in Night in Tunisia, and which is short. It's funny, because when Mike, fearless leader of the big band, announced who'd played, he said it was the brilliant guy, but fellows pointed out error and corrections were made. Was he not listening or am I that good? OK, I know I'm not that good, but maybe I didn't totally blow it, as I did on other non solo songs. Dang! Another trombone solo by another skilled musician in Good Times. So three different trombone soloists last night. Yaaa. FLMike missed a chance when he didn't mention all the other instruments she plays with us (any saxaphone, bass, and she's Really a cellist) since he DID mention that in regard to our substituting bass trombonist.

We have had several brilliant piano players in the past, and one of them is available again, sometimes, so our brilliant current pianist got phone number so she can call when she needs sub, as this summer's brilliant sub has gone back to university. It's always good to have backup, and this brilliant fellow can also sub on trombone. Yaaaa.

4 comments:

Hulda said...

It was a lovely photo of the little dog Katie. She is so sweet!

Unknown said...

Hey Vita, you really are that good!! FLMike can't tell the difference if he's not looking... wow, what a compliment!
Yea, I read your blog today : )

herhimnbryn said...

Well done V!
Now the next challenge is to post your nose! Ahh.......go on!

Unknown said...

HA! Now I get the title! I am slow.
I agree with herhimnbryn... please post your nose.
Is DD having a good time this week?