Thursday, August 17, 2006

Just a Day Away

HH says he will take me away on the trusty Gold Wing Saturday to go to the antique motorcycle swap meet in Tenino. We mostly go every year, and stop on the way in Centralia where they have a show and shine car show. Maybe if HH takes any pictures I can show you. I should ask my brother the name of the camera he wants to give me. It is the old fashioned sort that uses film. I only rememberd the information for a while, Canon something, maybe. Yes, I'm sure. But what model? He says there's nothing wrong with it.

Tomorrow we are going to a garden party where wisteria is growing over the porch, champagne is bubbling, cookies are crumbling, DD's string quartet is playing, and other string ensembles, too, are playing. I will have to wash something to wear. Somehow all my dresses got into the laundry hamper and no one's gotten them out again. Guess as long as I had more, I didn't need them, but I've come near the end of the collection. Oh, maybe I'll just wear black. What would my mother say!

8 comments:

Avus said...

Look forward to a posting on the motorcycle swap meet and also on the garden party.

Both sound like my knid of gig!

Have added you to my links

brsmaryland said...

A garden party sounds so nice and civilized! Enjoy the party and your motorcycle ride too. I do miss the comfort of a Gold Wing. You are a queen on a throne on one of those :-)

Lena said...

Sounds like a lovely couple of days!
I'd love to go to a garden party!
Hope you have fun!

herhimnbryn said...

Sounds like a great time. Lots of diversity!

Vita said...

I'm back, and the weekend was great. DD and all her friends played beautifully at the garden party, the Gold Wing was totally fun and perfect in every way, as usual, (I'll bet you miss yours, brsmaryland. I saw a red one there that could have been yours except it's on the wrong coast, unless whoever got it drove it to Tenino.) There were some very interesting old bikes in Tenino and HH got some parts he wanted. Today we took HH's mother to buy a puppy. There was some mix-up, but when it all got straight, we found the house and Katie is sweet dear and beautiful. I'm having trouble making a new post, so will just "comment" here.

Hulda said...

I hope you will post some photos of the little puppy. :o)

Avus said...

What make is the puppy?

Avus said...

Just seen "The Gods must be Crazy" on your recommendation - a lovely, funny, quirky film - thanks!