Tuesday, August 15, 2006

More of Same


This is for herhimnbryn. A better photo of latest bike. It has a tank-shift. Clutch is operated with left foot. It's a 1942 WLC 45 flathead, and maybe it has some other names, too. Oh, it's a Harley Davidson. His most expensive bike ever. I think he likes it. He rode the 67 BSA Lightning to work today. He likes that a lot, and was thinking of selling it to help pay for the WLC, but he is thinking he likes it too much, and I think he can afford to keep it, despite having spent all his money on a new viola for DD.

Yes, I kind of enjoy taking a solo trip. I can listen to the same song over and over and over and over if I want to, which I did, and stop when I want, put on whatever music I like.

Last night around 10:30 I picked up DD from a CD release party, and we were listening to the CD, is it Niki and the Shotglass?, and going merrily on our way, when a brilliant light show showed up in my rear view mirror. I was pulled over for changing lanes incorrectly! DD, who is taking driver's ed, and is now at her last class, has been telling me I was doing it wrong, but Dad taught me that it was safer to do it that way, when you turn, and have a good view all around, to turn into the lane you want, but the police officer told me that is very dangerous and told me not to do it again. Chalk up one for DD. I will have to not do that anymore. Dad is not around to argue with the police point of view.

11 comments:

Lena said...

Oh it is pretty. I can see why he wanted it. The BSA is one of my favorites of his bikes. It would be a shame to sell it unless it was really necessary.
Hope you've rested and have a good day today!

herhimnbryn said...

Oh thankyou V! Am going to send this to Avus, so he can drool!

Avus said...

great bike - looks both relaxing and involving to ride. Old bikes are so full of character - have restored many over the years, but now only own a 25 year old BMW R100 and ditto Honda trailie.

When the lotto comes up it will be a 1929 flat tank Sunbeam!

Unknown said...

Caitlin and the Shotglasses. Dr. "Js" kid "M" used to play with them... maybe he still does. Because I heard "D" sang the chorus on stage.
Oh, that was fun to write : )
Nice bike too!

Vita said...

Yes, it's pretty, and yes, it's tricky. He had to learn how to ride it like he hadn't been riding for 44 years. Avus, I'm with you. HH has wanted this bike for 27 years, so it's good he finally got it, but I like thos Old Sunbeams, and so does he. Maybe that's next on his wish list, which may take another 27 years. He sort of takes whatever he gets a chance on that he likes. Maybe an old Villicette would be more realistic?

Yes, Caitlin and the Shotglasses. I heard that, too.

Pete said...

Truly beautiful and classy bike

Avus said...

Vita - thanks for visiting my blog - you will find High Plains Drifter and The Wicker Man very different from Straight Story and Whale Rider.

Both are towards the "horror" end of the scale with some quirky endings. I see that there is a new "Wicker Man" just out, which I have not yet seen and should not be confused with the original (Christopher Lee) version.

AS motorcyclists (hate the term "biker"!) you really must both see (if not seen already) "The World's Fastest Indian" - motorcycle interest but also life enhancing to an old bugger like me!

Avus said...

P.S. I have ordered The Gods Must be Crazy from Amazon - looks like my kind of film, but I had never heard of it before - thanks for the recommendation

Kjersti said...

Nice bike!

Hulda said...

I saw your violin post, are you playing it? It is such a wonderful instrument. I love the sound of it. One of my favorite composer is Ole Bull. A norwegian virtuoso.

Darkmind said...

Very nice bike. I love classic vehicles like that. In fact, the Dark-cycle's design style is based on the 1936 EL "Knucklehead"...with some special added features of course!