Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Scramble



That's like eggs, not a motorcycle race. That's what my head is doing this morning. That and the little Morse code thing that's been going on constantly for several days. I'm pretty sure that's because of my head being plugged up.

Do the rest of you have times when you're smart and times when you're not so smart. Sometimes my brain is just right on top of things, and I can clearly think of several things and keep them all straight. Other times it's all just a muddle...... I had to stop for a minute to turn on iTunes to hear the Bassoon Quartet instead of my head ringing, except now it seems my head is playing along.

I so admire the beautiful gracious manners of my friends. I really enjoy watching them socialize with their great skills. One in particular must have learned at her mother's knee. I think she's brilliant and admire her so! I tell myself to be like her, but when I get in a social situation, I'm just so excited to be around people I forget to think before speaking. I'm so lucky to know such fun people.

I hope Roger isn't mad at me--I told some entire band that he'd had a birthday of which he didn't wish to be reminded. He told the band I was delusional. Ha! I was around people and got excited. Sorry, Roger. It just slipped out.

My MIL tried to deposit a "check" that was just a voucher saying "we owe you money." I carried this and other checks to the bank for her, never thinking to question, as I am used to her being the mom, and me being the subordinate. I feel like I let her down, though. Should I have looked through the pile? Now she thinks she threw away a check, but I think it's possible that they haven't sent the check, just a notice saying they would be sending one. I have to pick her up at 10:30, so I'd better get going so I can get things done before I leave.

5 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Know that feeling well!

BoggyWoggy said...

I continuously play rhythmic tunes on my fingers and with my teeth, sort of a rotating, cyclic, patterned sequence that sometimes makes me INSANE! I've read about it. My kids have it, too. It's genetic...from our alien ancestors. They left this DNA marker in the brains of really gifted and talented people, just to keep us in-check and slightly insane.

brsmaryland said...

You are so good...I would have looked thru MIL's pile just cuz I'm nosey! You are probably right...check still to come. I always find it more fun celebrating other people's birthdays than my own. Hope Roger wasn't too annoyed. Have a great day.

Lena said...

I'm constantly asking people what day it is lately, and feeling pretty scrambled myself. I sure hope you're feeling better soon. You are great to help your MIL Vita. I wouldn't expect that you would check her paperwork, unless that's something she's asked you to do.
Take care.

herhimnbryn said...

We have all been there V!
Love the image....we have that candle holder too...and various other trombone related items!