Monday, April 23, 2007

Back from LA


Mission accomplished. We are back, and we have the Moto Guzzi. The drive was somewhat harrowing, us being country bumkins in the big city. We saw three young men in fast heavy LA freeway traffic on sport bikes and one of them was doing a wheelie. I don't know what the other two were doing because they were out of sight when I saw the 3rd up on his back tire, no protective clothing, zooming fast with the traffic. Bikes split lanes in LA. I told him (of course he didn't hear me) to stop distracting my driver. HH did all the LA driving. Yikes. We traded off other places. Big sighs of relief when we left the LA area.

The fellow selling the bike was from Ireland, and is going back for a reunion with all his friends and the Isle of Man tt race. He, and his wife who had just gotten back from her own trip to Ireland, were very fun to visit with, and brought out garage furniture so we could have a little party on the driveway while we watched HH assemble the Trailer in a Bag. They regailed us with tales of LA and Ireland, insurance, universal health care, health care costs, education, and motorcycles.

HH is the first non-engineer owner of the bike, and the prior owners kept pictures, records, diaries. If you scroll down a couple entries here you may see a photo of the car, trailer and bike. I changed out the photos.

Do you see the dark spire in the left quarter of this photo? It is a tree. We started seeing them in Sacramento and south, so I assume they require a warm climate, but when growing singley with various other trees and bushes, they are spectacular. I wonder what they are?

5 comments:

Akelamalu said...

That sounds like a great trip - well apart from the driving in the city. I have been driving 20 years and I still don't 'DO' motorways!

Unknown said...

Welcome home Vita! Did you drive all the way back from LA, or did you spend the night mid way?

BoggyWoggy said...

I'm glad you're back, safe and sound! We must get together soon and see the new bike!

Vita said...

a, Hi. everytime I try to go to your blog or queenie's blog I get bogged down, and my program quits, so that's why I haven't visited.

car, Hi. Yes, we stayed over in Santa Nella.

wog, Hi, you, too. Yes, I'm still pecking away at my bathroom walls so we can have you over.

Avus said...

Looks a great bike, Vita. I like transverse engines ("Vs" like the Guzzi and "Flats" like my BeeEm)When sitting astride one, ticking over, they shake gently from side to side like a great shaggy animal awaiting your will.