Friday, April 27, 2007

Out of Tune


Yesterday I was listening to DD playing piano, and thinking "How beautiful. I wonder if only a mother would like this? No, it's got great phrasing and shape and OK, it's not perfect, but it sounds wonderful." She went on from one beautiful piece to another and another, and the last one got more and more dramatic at the end to a flashy finish, when the Whirlwind appeared screeming and demanding the paino be tuned immediately. Well, maybe that's pretty good timing, because a life insurance company that my dad had a policy with sent me a check that should cover piano tuning. That was probably connected to the piece of paper my brother stopped by with and had me sign. I wrote down that tuner that used to work for Liberace on a piece of paper, now where is it? I'll just look it up again. I know a trombone player who used to play for Liberace, and another trombone player who used to trick or treat Liberace. Then I could be a trombone player who got her paino tuned by Liberace's piano tuner. If he'll do it.

8 comments:

Queenie said...

Play it for me Sam !!!!

BoggyWoggy said...

I want her to come to my house and play! I like hearing kids playing beautiful piano pieces!
The tuners name is "Mr. Stainthorpe" in Lebanon, Oregon.

herhimnbryn said...

What bliss to sit and listen to a piano being played in your own house.

Avus said...

Wow! You know Liberace's piano tuner! Can I have your autograph?

Kate said...

Thanks for finding my page Vita. For me the piano always conjures images straight out of the pages of some period novel like Sense and Sensibility. Always takes me to a place where the rooms are light and airy, the ceilings high, accoustics good and the patio doors open to a sun-soaked afternoon!

Lena said...

I'd love to hear her play one day too. I don't think I ever have, on the piano.
What sorts of treats did Liberace give out?

BoggyWoggy said...

I need to read more blogs from you, Vita! You are so entertaining!

Write, write!

Lena said...

Hey there Miz Vita!
You've always amazed me too!
Poetry in Russian?