Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Shopping


We did it. Yesterday DD and I went on an adventure in the world of Teen Fashion. OK, she's used to it, but I lead some sort of sheltered life. The picture above shows a teen fashion when I was young. Now things are a lot different, and I feel lucky that DD has such conservative taste. Do people really wear the stuff they try to sell in stores? I did see some goofy looking things on people, but nothing as awful as what the stores wanted to sell, which was mostly of inferior quality. Actually it was fun, and I like what the clever daughter picked out, and don't think I had any inhibiting effect on her. We came home with packages. Since we didn't buy any motorcycles, HH barely noticed. Today we go to the dentist! I can hardly wait.

3 comments:

Akelamalu said...

The teenagers here seem to go out in their underwear!

BoggyWoggy said...

I remember when my daughter went through that "I won't wear anything but a dress" phase during her pre-school years. Then, it transitioned to "I won't wear anything that looks like a dress." Then, "I'm in middle school...and I want to wear anything you don't want me to wear." (My favorite day was in 7th grade when she was getting in the car for me to take her to school and I told her she couldn't wear the spaghetti strap top she had on. So, she went in and changed...then, when I picked her up after school with one of her best friends, we were driving along and I turned the rearview mirror toward her and said, "I like your shirt." She turned to her friend and said, "Oh %$#! I forgot to put the sweatshirt back on!)
Some days, I think she looks trashy and I feel embarassed, but I'm so happy she feels free to express herself...

Lena said...

This pattern brought back some memories!
I'm glad that you and DD had a nice time together and that you both like the clothes she picked out. You've always had a bit of an artistic streak, maybe that helps you to appreciate more interesting looks. I think it's hard for any of us of a certain generation to appreciate the more revealing looks. It took such a long time for women to be appreciated for more than that, it makes me sad to see some of the things I see now.