Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dad Didn't Go

Friday Dad was supposed to take off for McCloud. Saturday I got a call that Dad was in the hospital in Intensive Care. He fell getting the last load, the "just one more thing" load, into the motor home, and hit his head and got a subdural hematoma. He may pull out of it and he may not, as heart, lungs, kidney's are all not what they once were. I'm back home for a while from visiting him. My brothers are both there, but one of them has to go to work and run the county. He pops in to the hospital whenever he can, and between meetings. The other one's able to get out of his usual duties, at least for the time being. I will be able to go back after 4 or 5 days here at home. DD took her bike to school while I was gone because she had to go to a luncheon with the orchestra, but she fell down and banged herself up a little. She's OK, and got everything done she wanted to do, and got back home, too.

3 comments:

brsmaryland said...

Oh Vita, I hope your Dad recovers from his fall. It is scary. I'm sure he was glad you were able to go and see him. We will be sending good thoughts your way.

Lena said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news about your Dad. I too am sending him good thoughts and my wishes for his recovery.
Thinking about you and your family too my dear Vita and sending you all love and peace. I know this is a hard thing to be going through. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do. You're really not so very far away you know.

Lisa said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. My mother-in-law fell a couple of years ago and had one of those. She seems to have fully recovered. It can be scary and we honestly didn't expect her to come back. We had to feed her broth with her head in our laps and change her diaper. Now she is back to her old QVC-watching and demanding self. ;)

I will keep your Dad in my prayers.