Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Wednesday Wanderings


I was inspired by Avus to post this picture, as he has some from a lovely bike ride he took. Maybe the connection is only in my head. See the bike with the orange stripe poking out behind the building? That is what HH bought for DD. DD hasn't ridden it yet, but she's planning to. It's a 250 Ninja. HH took it on a 450 mile weekend along Columbia River and scenic coast range. This was somewhere along route. His knees were saying "We want to stretch out now!" by the time he got home.

I'm keeping a close eye on the poison oak. Some of it is completely dead now, but there's still green in a bit between the lavender and candytuft. I don't know if I'm brave enough to deadhead the lavender. That's usually fun because it smells wonderful. We're supposed to have temperatures in the mid 90's, so I'd better get out earlier than I usually do to water whatever's left alive out there.

7 comments:

Vita said...

I just remembered the name of the town where this tavern is located. It's in Lebam.

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture Vita! I'm headed out to water right now...because you influence me in a good way : )

BoggyWoggy said...

Wow! Cool pic and story!
I want to host a "Girls' Night" next week! Can you come on Tuesday? I'm thinking:
1. cool drinks on the deck
2. more cool drinks on the deck and in the garden
3) even more cool drinks as we wander about the garden.

Avus said...

Nice to "inspire" someone, Vita! And a nice picture, too. Don't know the "Ninja" but it sounds like it is a "compact" bike?

Lena said...

Hey there Vita,
I was thinking about cutting back my lavender today too, but I didn't. Hopefully I will get to it soon. I think I will try to dry it and make some sachets. If I do, I'll send one your way.
Thanks for being such a sweet friend.
Take care.

BoggyWoggy said...

Hey, Vita...
Check out my blog. I've "tagged" you!

Unknown said...

I really like this building. It looks like that wall has been repaired many times with different types of wood.

I wish I had lavender in my yard to dead head. I love the smell of it.