Thursday, August 30, 2007

Snakes are Fast

It's Thursday again, and that means, time to recycle, which is what I was doing, hauling the red recycle bin out to the road, when I noticed a suspicious looking stick in the middle of the sidewalk. Instantly I thought a few things: That stick wasn't there before. Where'd that stick come from? Why is that stick so uniformly pointed on both ends? That stick is not a stick. By the time I'd finished thinking the stick was a snake, it started to wiggle, and I was amazed at many things: That snake is VERY FAST. That snake is very cautious. That snake is afraid of ME. I can't see the snake but I can hear where it's going. That snake sure makes a lot of noise. By the time I finished the noise thought, the snake had settled into silence--by the way, the noise was dry leaves--under the azalea, at least that's where it sounded like he/she had stopped.

After all that excitement, I remembered BoggyWoggy bragging about her ripe grapes, so I wandered off to the grape vines. I have two varieties, and no idea what they are, but they both taste wonderful. I found some glowing in the sunlight, and though most of the bunch was still sour grapes, the sun-kissed ones looked inviting so I ate them, well, three of them. I'm not supposed to eat grapes because of their high sugar content.

I'm not diabetic, but I would be if I went around eating all the grapes I wanted. It makes my brothers mad that they're diabetic and I'm not. They eat cake and I don't. Well, maybe they don't eat much cake anymore. I don't keep tabs. Brainy brothers, they are. One of them told me not to use ibuprofin because it's bad for me. Huh? That was all he'd say about that, but he was adamant. They are both fairly inflexible in their opinions. So, is ibuprofin so bad? My doctors keep recomending it.

I know, some of you want to see a picture of DD with her face all blown up like a balloon from having all 4 of her wisdom teeth removed, but she's not keen to share that particular look. At least her poison oak seems to have responded well to the medicine her doctor prescribed, and mabe she didn't share it with me via the laundry? Knock on so far so good wood. Is there something lurking? Well, that's enough of that.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Vita,
Thanks for noticing my Blog was being ignored...But I'm back and posted again...The snake story was good...The Grapes sounded good too. I watch my sugar intake too. Thanks again for the comment...Sue

BoggyWoggy said...

Oh, Vita...I'm so glad you aren't afraid of snakes. You're an observer of nature, aren't you? I used to raise lots of snakes with my ex-hubby. Now, I don't. But, Collin does. He has several odd critters in his room. It's so cool.
When can we play?

Lena said...

Oh poor DD. She's had a rough couple of weeks, which probably means yours hasn't been a piece of cake either. Such is the life of the mom.
I remember your grape vines. So pretty.
Snakes give me the willies!