Friday, August 31, 2007

Elegance

My friend Mrs. Staggs at A Happy Miscellany posted the well known quote from William Henry Channing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Henry_Channing) and it reminded me so much of Grandma and her three daughters, one of whom was Mom. I think they had this all down, and here I've let it slip away. I'm going to try to get it back a little. OK, some of it I haven't lost, but I'm going to work on the parts I've let slide. It's my heritage, and I would like to share it with my daughter.

Speaking of slides, our pianist last night at band practice said "Why don't the other kids like it when the trombone players are in the playground? Because they keep trying to move the slide and they can't swing." Groan.

Previously, he said, "How do you tell if the stage is level? When the drummer is drooling out of both sides of his mouth."

1 comment:

Lena said...

I love that quote. It is the one that puts me back to feeling most like myself, when things seem to have gone a little off kilter.
I always enjoy hearing about the "ladies" in your family. They were all very interesting people. I think you're a very interesting person too.