Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Middle Name Thing



This is the truck that Hippy drove that went to the store that carried the bike that Vita bought. I rode the bike with the large basket full of empty cans to the store and put the cans in the machine and got a credit voucher when I pushed the button, while my bike was beside me in the indoor/outdoor bottle return room. Oregon has a bottle return law, and most stores have installed automated bottle return machines. Next, we, bike and I, went out front, but when I looked at the bike rack, I realized that if I locked my bike to that rack, no one would be able to get by it on the sidewalk. There were plants and pallets of water bottles blocking most of the sidewalk in front of the store. So I put my paper in my wallet, put my wallet back in my pocket, and peddled back over the bridge, down the road through the chicanes, and home. I was nervous riding with all the cars, but all went well, and I'm thinking of taking another run during the next traffic lull. I saw a very nice functional looking bike rack at the eye doctor's as I went by. I felt a little self-concious because I was smiling so broadly, I must have looked like a kook. I am sort of wishing I'd gotten the "Look out for me, I am a KOOK!" flag for the back of my bike, because traffic is a little scarey.

Middle Name Meme!

Here are the rules:

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.

2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog post containing your own middle name game facts.

4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

The Middle Name Meme

S: Sun. That's the name on my new bike, and it goes with my sunny nature.

U: Unique. Just like everyone else, I am unique. No one is like me; no one is like you. We're all special.

E: Edgy. That's me. Always on the edge just barely hanging on. Nothing's nice and secure. Maybe that's why I'm so jumpy.

Tagging Three People:

Avus. He may have a very interesting middle name; a son of his does.

Mindy. Hey, Mindy. What's your middle name? You can start a blog and stuff.

Humbug. Hey! Where are you, Baugh Humbug?

5 comments:

brsmaryland said...

Good for you Vita, riding a bicycle! Great exercise. I'm sure you don't look kooky at all. Hope you are wearing a helmet ;-) Sunny, yes; Unique, yes; Edgy, I need to think about that one. Wishing you lots of fun miles on your new two wheels.

BoggyWoggy said...

Yea, Vita! I was thinking I'd start riding my bike at least 2 days/week to work this year...when it's not raining. I have sooooooo much weight to lose and have absolutely no motivation...but, you've got me thinking about biking again!!!
I LOVE the truck! How long have you had it?

Avus said...

Good for you, Vita - on the bike! You know how I enjoy cycling, but I guess you have to cope with a different traffic set-up than my quiet lanes around the English countryside.
As to the "middle name meme" thing - it's alright for those with something short like "Sue" - but what the hell would I do with "Leonard"? (Although, I suppose it is something to be allied to the famous Leonard (Cohen - of course!)

Avus said...

RE: your note to me about Lindsey Davis' books. I expect you have read some of the "Falco" novels. But I can really recommend a "different" one of hers called "The Course of Honour" - not about Falco. She told me she considered it her best book, but it took years to get published and then the publishers were afraid that it would detract from the "Falco" series - they need not have worried, it can stand alone as a remarkable historical novel.

Avus said...

P.S See Davis's note about the book at:
http://www.lindseydavis.co.uk/courseofhonour.htm

So it is in your library/ Go for it - I don't think it will disappoint - the ending brought tears to my eyes!