Thursday, January 04, 2007

Undecided


Happy New Year. We had a great time bringing it in over at the Carnivorous Hippy House with the the Really Interesting husband of M Hippy, not to mention the Really Interesting daughter and mother-in-law. Really Interesting son wasn't in attendance. But HH & DD were there, and we were playing Auld Lang Syne on the front porch with other Really Interesting people at midnight. This is a great town, and I am so lucky to know such great people. Oh, sorry. I'm getting all maudlin. Stop it, you.

HH doesn't quite know what he's going to do with this thing. It's a little more awful than he first thought it was, and maybe he made a mistake buying it. It's been sitting in the corner of the shop hiding under a tarp for some unknown lenghth of time. I know what I want to do, though, and I'm going to go do it now.

I'd tried some new food on the cats, and they weren't having any, so old blind cat wandered out here to me and it took me a while to figure out what she wanted. Clever of her to make her wishes known, don't you think? She's such a sweetie. OK, I was going to go get things done, wasn't I? Byeeee.

Oh-oh. Chestnut brass are on the radio, and they are really distracting. I'm going. Going. Go...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think "very interesting" is code for "nuts."

I'm back dear Vita... are you ready to jam tonight??

Avus said...

Um, yes. I see what you mean. Not the most desirable of Triumphs - they really went off the boil after about 1967. Shall be interested to know what happens to it!

herhimnbryn said...

V, I get the impression you would rather sit and listen to the music? seems like a good idea to me.

Vita said...

carni--Blow me down! You've been posting.

avus--I will notify you if it comes out from under the tarp. HH asked me to ask you, after reading some story about a motorcycle named Daisy, what is a bacon sarny (sarnie?). Do you know?

hhnb--There's no thought involved, it just distracts me and I freeze to listen. If I'm quiet, I can hear better.

Avus said...

Bacon Sarnie? The motorcyclist's standby - best bought in a greasy transport cafe!

Two thick slices of bread (brown or white to choice) lashings of butter then fill with hot, thick bacon rashers, rinds cut off. Add sauce (preferably brown for me). Delicious - the butter melts and runs everywhere. With a large mug of hot, strong tea - what more could a biker want on a cold run?

"Sarnie" is Limey slang for "sandwich".