Monday, January 15, 2007

Mask Making is Fun

With the help and suggestions of the creatively brilliant Cabaret Chairwoman, I made two beautiful masks. Now, under no pressure to make more, and with my newly accuired experience, I can just try to aid and supervise other mask-makers at the next go-round. I am looking forward to it. All masks made at the work session are in her care, and the materials were provided by the symphony associationa and by her, with the exception of a very few minor contributions by her volunteers. Time flies when one is making masks with all sorts of beautiful materials at hand to decorate them. Some of the students were absolutely brilliant, creative artists.

6 comments:

herhimnbryn said...

Well, come on V.....you have to show us! I am looking for some inspiration for mask making with my niece and nephew. Come on V ....pleeeeeease!

Vita said...

But I don't HAVE them. They have lots of sparkles and glitter and ribbons and beads. The eyes and edges are highlighted with glitter or cording. One of them is black, covered with glitzy fabric using clear tacky glue and it's on a stick attached with a glue gun. There are glittery gold leaves glued to the upper corners, and streamers and gold beading. the other ties on with black ribbons. Add water to some jewlers glue, and use it to paint mask, and sprinkle with glitter. Popular and dashing were glitzy ribbon and cloth flowers on one side with fake jewels glued in the center. Glitter glue takes a long time to dry, so put that on last or you'll keep making a mess of it.

Avus said...

But Why..............?

Unknown said...

Are you warm and safe?? do think school will be delayed?? Thing 2 will be my cabaret date and she is excited : )
Maybe we will wear one of your masks!
What did you do today? I tried to drive for coffee and slid about 20 ft. I turned around (with much effort) and went home and there I stayed. Did I tell you this already?
I'm making Baboli and thing 1 is walking the gf home. I hope he wore cleats...
toodles,
ch

herhimnbryn said...

Thanks for the tips V.

Lena said...

I wish we could see them! They sound wonderful. I'm glad you enjoyed the process of making them. That's a great feeling...to be so immersed in something that you are unaware of the time. For me it's a little like meditating. I always feel more relaxed and happier when I'm being creative.