Wednesday, October 25, 2006

New Old Furniture


The picture is the young ornery kitty sitting half on the floor of the drum room, and half on the drum rug. Whew! I don't miss that ugly indoor-outdoor carpet scrap! Maybe it's one reason this room looks so much nicer with the beautiful (I didn't know it would look so beautiful) poor old beat up baby grand piano. I like our garage, which we can only use for the 1957 pickup that doesn't lock, and my car has to sit outside, because it has the old old old pump organ that was my mom's first keyboard after she married my dad. I used to practice on it in the morning, because it doesn't make much noise. My big brother is taking it home when he can borrow his son-in-law's pickup truck to haul it in. Or, maybe HH will work out something where we drive it up in our old pickup, but bbrother will have to come down and load it, since it makes HH nervous. Besides the old pump organ, which is pretty, are the two items of furniture I haven't made room for, 3 broken chairs that I'm supposed to have repaired, and a bunch of other furniture that's on it's way out, either to bbrother's or charity shops.

This morning I was a useless dweeb, just ran around looking for things I couldn't find and trying to remember why I went into the room, whichever that was. That makes me mad. OH! Bye!!!

6 comments:

Lena said...

I haven't met this kitty have I? What a beauty and posed so wonderfully. Yesterday Miss Luna looked perfect all curled up asleep on an old patchwork quilt. I wanted to take a picture, but knew she would wake up as soon as I went for the camera so I just sat there and enjoyed the loveliness.
Thank you Vita for the "Witchy" postcard you sent....it brightened up my day!

Vita said...

Oh, how pretty you Luna looks in my head on the patchwork quilt. Is it the same one in your photograph. That one has such lovely colors. I put a quilt away because I didn't want the cats sleeping on it, and they both were. They have nails!

Lena said...

Nope, it's an old cotton patchwork that I picked up at the Goodwill. Beautiful colors but falling part in places. I can't resist them when I see them there. The borders are a beautiful faded blue and the pattern is Dresden plate with pink centers. The rest is a mix of patterns. So far Miss Luna is the only cat I've had who doesn't use her claws inside much. Oh...except now and then on the living room rugs when she's peeved and wants attention!

Avus said...

loved the bit about the garage, pickup and pump organ - made me grin!

herhimnbryn said...

That cat looks right at home!:)

Vita said...

Pumpkins rain colds and wobbly legs are slowing up family and friends. Yes, the cat is certainly at home. And my car is still out in the driveway, and the garage looks like an antique store's warehouse.