Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Disconnect


There may be a bit of open space between my photos and my topics, and between my topics and what I say, but maybe you'll get used to it, because I'm not going to do a lot of editing. The cat is helping me write this. She is currently saying "rumble, purr purr purr, rumble," as she shifts about looking for the perfect position. The phone has not rung today. A wonder in itself. I think the cat has settled. She is holding down my left leg and my right arm. It really is difficult to focus with her constant shifting. She is now on my right leg, and my right arm is on her back, way out of kilter. So, even with the phone quiet, I'm still having trouble focusing.

I'm hoping to get the dog over to see MIL today. She is due for a grooming--the dog, not MIL. Guess I should make an appointment. I meet some very nice people and dogs when we're out walking. Heidi is a friendly pooch, and thinks everyone she meets should stop and admire her, and when we walk by houses, she wants to go in and visit. Sometimes this happens, but only on our street.

The quilt in the photo was given to me by a friend, but after I finished stitching the border (she lets me do this for her sometimes) she took it back to photograph, and I haven't seen it in a long time. I am eager to get my quilt back. It's small, and looks great on the bed.

3 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

Who grooms the dog? I bet I can do it for $10, saving you a lot of money. Better yet, get a shaver and just do it yourself. Yeah, that's it, become an independent dog-groomer, Vita. You can then take photos of your work and post them on the Web. When folks see what a great job you do, they'll begin begging you to do their dogs and you can charge them a bunch of money. Yeah, that's it...

Avus said...

Dogs are great ice-breakers, what? Whilst walking the hound all other folks pass the time of day or stop and chat. Walking alone one would be considered "odd" to do likewise

Lena said...

The quilt is very pretty. It'll be a treat when you get it back.

My sister has two dogs. There is a horse pasture next door, and for some reason the dogs love to run over there and roll around in the remains....if you know what I mean. She trys very hard to keep them away from there, but she's giving them baths all the time. She takes them to a groomer for haircuts and the rest though.