Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It Must be Wednesday


This isn't the prettiest photo, but it tells a story, doesn't it? HH has been having a string of unfortunate events with his BSA's. This photo was taken by HH on a club trip to Goldendale. His bike broke down and he couldn't get hold of me, because I was with the band, playing in the park, so he kept staying outside of things (observatories, Dairy Queens, cafe's, gas stations) trying to get satellite coverage so his phone would work, and there I was incommunicado. He got me eventually, and I was able to meet him at LM's house in Oregon City, and was there in plenty of time for a lovely house and garden tour with Mrs. LM before he showed up riding on the back of LM's Bonneville. The very next day, we drove up to The Dalles, scenically situated on the eastern Columbia River, pulling the bike Trailer in a Bag (not in the bag) and got the bike, and I got another lovely house and garden tour. Did you figure that the bike went to one town, and HH went to another? It took two trips to get them both. And they were both fun, well maybe I had more fun than HH. He was going to take the other BSA, but its clutch started giving him trouble and he couldn't fix it before time to go, then the clutch on the little one went screwy while he was out on the ride. There's another weekend my bathroom didn't get it's walls scraped. La de da da hum de dum, I'm so slow.

4 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

You're not slow.
You're just, um, enjoying moments with no rush!
Hey, while CH is away, wanna do something fun? I want to go out to Dancing Oaks Nursery and walk about, as it's my favorite place to look, even though I can't afford their prices!

BoggyWoggy said...

It's true, Vita. Hydrangea color can be affected by the soil...more acid, brighter blues. However, today's hydrangeas are much more stable. I don't tend to take time to "control" color. I bet Michael Smith would, though. He likes control (MCS, if you're reading this, in your face, buddy!)

Avus said...

Nice bike pics - I can recognise a Moto Guzzi, but, for once, the others have got me foxed.
Good to see sidecars are still being "campaigned" in the US of A - driving them is an acquired art which I mastered many years ago and still retain (great fun!). Wind on the gas for left handers. close the gas and touch the brakes for right handers.

I have often found that breakdowns can lead to lovely "serendipities" - new faces and new places - they are almost worth having! (although I draw the line at my recent blow-up on the old BMW which cost me £900 for a complete gearbox re-build!)

Vita said...

Two moto guzzi's, one with a big old side car, and a Ural w/it's own side car, and BSA in the truck. It's waiting for lots and lots of parts now, but the other BSA is all fixed and running like a top.