Sunday, March 25, 2007

Odd You Should Say That

Friday I took MIL to visit a doctor--thank goodness the tests turned out OK and she won't have to have surgery--but when HH and I came back later after picking up her medicine, she pointed out that she was wearing odd socks. Maybe that's why the outcome was so positive. After pointing out the odd socks, which were barely noticable, one being navy blue the other black, she announced that her mother often told her if she put her underwear on backwards, and it had to be accidentally backwards, not to change it, because if she left it as was, she would have good luck all that day. No, I haven't said anything to her about my recent run-ins with underware. But I see now that I should have left it odd, and yes, boggywoggy, it was uncomfortable.

5 comments:

Akelamalu said...

See, I told you it was good luck if you put clothes on backwards/ inside out accidentally - your MIL knows!

Unknown said...

Today I put my bra on backwards... following the advise found on this blog, I have left it as such. However, it doesn't give as much lift. But in the end, I know I'll be filled with luck!

Avus said...

For Carnivorous Hippy: Hunchback of Notre Dame x 2, huh?

Vita said...

ake, MIL's mom was full of such things. I should try to write them down, but I keep losing my notes.

carni, Pardon me if I am skeptical.

avus, Groan.....

BoggyWoggy said...

What's really scary? When wearing things backwards is more comfortable! Long ago, when I took a year's leave from work to stay home with my 2nd baby (and the toddler, too) I subscribed to this cool stay-at-home mom magazine called "Welcome Home." It was full of mommy stories that usually made me gag, but, once in awhile there would be this amazing gem that stuck in my head. One mom told about her child who would not, for the life of him, keep his socks on! She tried everything...bought the most expensive, soft brands, cool colors, long ones and short ones. Then, one day, by accident, she put the kid's socks on...and didn't notice until later in the afternoon that the kid still had the socks on...and they were inside-out! So, the next day, she did the same thing! Turns out, after mentioning this to the dr. that her child had extra-sensitive feet...and that the little seam that runs across the toe of all socks can sometimes be quite irritating to kids with this issue. AND, on top of it, the insides of most socks have sort of a "terrycloth" texture that many freaks find annoying.