Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Beautiful Almost Autumn

Again inspired by Mrs. Staggs at Happy Miscellany, I took the camera outside to photograph my fabulous delicious abundant grapes. What happened? The battery was dead. No matter, there's another battery. No, that one is dead, too. I've got one on the charger now, but it will be tomorrow before I take a picture, and I am trying to distribute the grapes before it's too late. (They don't keep forever, you know.) Right now they are THE BEST. Well, other people's grapes might be the best, too, but ours haven't been this delicious in previous years. MIL sits down and eats the whole bunch every time I bring her some, and she's fussy and has a small appetite. She said they're better than can be purchased at the store. The vines are growing up into the apple trees, making a little secret fairy hideout. Plus I have grapes in my apple trees. What fun.

4 comments:

Lena said...

LOL! Well, it's the thought that counts, dear Vita!
Your grapevines have always been lovely. I think it must be a pretty nice feeling to be able to pick enough to share. I've always wanted to try growing some of those little champagne grapes. Maybe someday. When Mr. Staggs retires, and we move to more space around us.

Vita said...

I realize that this is the morning I take off for a series of things that takes me all day (an hour here, two there, one there, 20 minutes there, 1 here, one there, pick up and kill a little time in town with DD, piano lesson(DD)/file music(me), clothes shop then drop DD off and dash over to MIL's for a half hour, pick up DD, head home, and by then it's past dinner time, so I'd better try to think of something to feed people that doesn't take long to fix. The point being, no pictures. There may be no beautiful grapes left by time I get a photo. Other people manage time beautifully. I admire them.

herhimnbryn said...

I am imagining grape vines through apple trees. Delightful....go on take a pic:)

Unknown said...

Hi Vita, I wish I could say the same about my grapes this year. They just don't seem to get sweet for some reason. Last year they were great though.

Hope you get a picture of them before they are gone.. or turn to raisins.