Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow in Corvallis


School is on a two hour delay here in snowy white frosty icey Corvallis. Outside is sparkling at least two inches deep.

One thing I wanted to mention to Dear Mrs. Staggs in Merryville is that not all motorcycles pictured here are still here, and some were only here for a visit and never lived here. This one did live here, and isn't it festive? It was a favorite. It has moved to a new home, because we have limited room and HH keeps getting eyes for other bikes.

I have goofed off enough for now. If you can find Merryville, go visit Mrs. Staggs, who has posted pictures of dear Mrs. Frost, who is worth seeing. Do I have a link down at the bottom of this blog? Yes. Look for 'A Happy Miscellany'.

5 comments:

Lena said...

It is indeed festive!
Isn't it fun to have a little snow? We see it so rarely that I'm always thrilled when it's here. I'm glad you like Mrs. Frost, she was fun to make.
Hope you have a nice day planned. I'm cleaning the basement. Oh boy.

brsmaryland said...

A light blanket of snow is always so pretty. And I bet the kids loved the school delay. In wintertime, Maryland becomes very southern, cancelling school because it is 'supposed' to snow. We've gotten fooled a few times but the kids don't mind!

Avus said...

I had one of those! Moto Guzzi V50 - 500cc V Twin. Great little bike, nice sound and handled well. But let down by the Italian finish. It had to go when, the final straw, I spilt gas over the tank one day and all the transfers slid off!

Vita said...

Dear Mrs. Staggs, Yes, very holiday-esque around here. HH was glad he didn't have to worry about delivery trucks at work.

And dear Ms. Maryland, Cancelling school because it is supposed to snow? Alas, not enough for sledding, but several snowmen appeared around town.

And a. Don't you just hate when that happens? HH's first HD (1979) had tank paint vs. fuel troubles.

Lena said...

Hi there Miz Vita...I hope your day was happy yesterday!